Jill C. Stone
Jill C. Stone graduated in 1986 from the Inaugural class of the City University of New York Law School at Queens College. She devoted her practice to criminal, matrimonial and family law having practiced in the Law Firm of Addabbo and Greenberg, a family based law firm with her father and brother. She is a member of the Law Guardian Panel in the Nassau County Family and Supreme Courts since 1996, where she has handled hundreds of cases with regard to Matrimonial and Family Court actions representing children of all ages in custody, visitation, abuse, PINS, Juvenile Delinquency, and neglect cases. She is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association, the Nassau County Women's Bar Association, the Queens County Women's Bar Association, and an Advisory Board Member of We Care, the charitable arm of the Nassau County Bar Association. Ms. Stone is also affiliated with and a member of the New York Family Law American Inn of Court and the Nassau County Women's Bar Matrimonial Committee.
In addition, Ms. Stone is a member of the Character and Fitness Committee of the Appellate Division, Second Department for the Second, Tenth, and Eleventh Judicial Districts since 1996, and has recently been appointed as a member of the Advisory Committee for Judicial Hearing Officers and appointed to the Nassau County Women's Bar Judiciary Screening Committee.
Ms. Stone has lectured both at Hofstra University School of Law on Family Law as well as lecturing on both family and matrimonial matters at St. John's University School of Law. In addition, Ms. Stone is a Mentor as part of the Family Law Externship Program for Family Law class at Hofstra Law School having law students intern in her office, as well as participating in the Senior Experience for a High School, mentoring students interested in the practice of law. Ms. Stone has appeared on national TV on the Sally Jessie Rafael show, as an expert in children's rights. Just recently, she received the Juridis Peridis Award from the Court Officers Benevolent Association, which is presented to outstanding Attorneys who practice in the Nassau County Courts.
Ms. Stone has been quoted on numerous occasions in the New York Law Journal, as well as various local newspapers and has been interviewed by the news media regarding high profile cases that she has handled.
Ms. Stone have been elected to the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts as a Board of Directors Member.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Family Law
- Child Support
90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1986
- City University of New York School of Law at Queens College, Flushing, New York
- Participant Speaker, Mock Financial Trial, Matrimonial Trial Institute, New York State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Family Law, Hofstra University School of Law
- Lecturer, Matrimonial Matters, St. John's University School of Law
- Mentor, Family Law Externship Program for Family Law class, Hofstra Law School
Honors and Awards
- Juridis Peridis Award, Court Officers Benevolent Association
- 2016 Outstanding Woman in the Law, Hofstra Law Center for Children, Families and the Law
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Guardian Panel in the Nassau County Family and Supreme Courts, Member, 1996 to Present
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Women's Bar Association, Member
- Queens County Women's Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Advisory Board Member of We Care - Charitable Arm
- New York Family Law American Inn of Court, Member
- Nassau County Women's Bar Matrimonial Committee, Member
- Appellate Division, Second Department for the Second, Tenth, and Eleventh Judicial District, Member, Character and Fitness Committee, 1996 to Present
- Advisory Committee for Judicial Hearing Officers, Member
- Nassau County Women's Bar Judiciary Screening Committee